Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall begins

The weather has been cooling so nicely lately, i really appreciate fall weather... It is chilly but still sunny, I love it!
Two weekends ago was SUU's homecoming. There were some fun activities during the week but it was all about Friday and Saturday.My recent goal in life is to win an Ipad so I attend any activity I can that offers one for a drawing. The last Ipad event of the week was on Friday for President Benson's campaign for the school. It was a lavish event with food stations and music and an outstanding firework show. (I know what my student fee's are paying for:) They also had two bands that evening for both the donors and students to listen to. The band for the students was okay... it became an epic night after it just started pouring during the middle of the concert. There was lightning everywhere! It was so close and was enough to have the concert cancelled so then hundreds of kids are sprinting across campus in the lightning and to their cars. It was amazing and terrifying all at the same time. Sadly I must admit I did not win the Ipad, but I did have a near death experience.
Saturday the Ultimate Frisbee club was a part of the homecoming parade. Joe drove his dad's '65 corvette stingray.... and I got to ride in the passenger seat. I will not lie.. I felt so super cool. C'mon it's a super sweet car!  We finished the night off with a win for SUU football where we creamed a Texas school haha.
Joe gave his first lesson in Gospel Doctrine that Sunday and he did such a great job. He'd never taught a lesson before so he was very hard on how he did, but I loved it!

The school week has become a large jumble of school work and quizzes along with homework and work. My job is interesting in that I don't have set hours, just students that I must work with so that they can excel... I feel like I may not be the best candidate for this simply because I struggle in school too.. a lot. But such is life and I am taking advantage of my super part-time job. I am grateful for the extra money in my lowly financial state :)
The frisbee club attended a tournament at Utah State in Logan this past weekend. It was a lot of fun to play other teams and players. Joe had his first expereince at Texas Roadhouse ( I forgot to take pictures and am mad at myself for lack of documentation) and needless to say he fell in love with the glorious place of meat and rolls. We won 1 out of 4 games which was great for us. Next time we'd like to get enough girls to make a lady team so we can get more playing time.
Joe is near the end of his dental school application. I am so excited for him and hope everything goes the way he wants. He's such a hard worker and is so diligent in his schoolwork that I know he is going to do great things.
Grandma is having a rough time battling her cancer. Her treatments are becoming very uncomfortable and miserable. It's hard to know how to support someone you love going thorough such a difficult trial as this. I pray for her daily and hope for the best.
I am very excited for General Conference this upcoming weekend. After taking the Teaching of Modern Prophets Institute class last semester I have found stronger appreciation for Conference. Joe and I will be watching with his family at their cabin in Brian Head. It's a really fun tradition they have and I love being a part of it. Joe also spoke in church this past Sunday and read to us his questions he hopes to have a direction of answer to after Conference, I loved this idea and am currently working on doing the same.
I am so grateful for everything I have and am excited for what my life has to offer. This is rather sentimental eh? Enough for one post I suppose:)

Oh, just our ride in the parade...

A project for my Education Decisions class.. I was really excited about how my first bulletin board turned out. Who knew it took so much effort to make a giant scrapbook page?

The SUU Militia at the Homecoming parade.

1 comment: