Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The first of (hopefully) many

After months of telling myself I need to keep a journal, I have finally come to the blogging world. I'm hoping that this will keep my interest because it's more colorful and neat and heck everything I do now is on a computer!
Just a quick recap of whats been happening this past while: After two years at Dixie State College in St. George, I have moved home to live with the parents to attend SUU this fall. I loved my experience at Dixie and a part of me wishes I were still there to enjoy it. I really am going to miss the Ambassador program I was able to be a part of. It was such a huge part of my life and taught me so many valuable lessons that I was able to learn from a group of forty amazing people. Another huge part of the last two years would be the music program I was also involved in at Dixie. I was privileged to be under the direction of Glenn Webb who pushed me to a level of musicality I never would have accomplished. I respect and am grateful for the lessons and words of wisdom he provided me daily. Now, after struggling for about a year over "what I want to be when I grow up" I came to a prayerful decision of being a Physical Education major. Whether it be a pe teacher or water aerobics instructor, I really want fitness to be a part of my daily life. ( I eat way too much to not be forced to move around all day :) SUU has a competitive program and that was reason one for moving home. Part two would be the coolest person i know... Joe. We've been dating for a year and are (if i may be so blunt) the coolest couple around. He is the sweetest most generous, loving person I know. We have fun and well I really really like him. When I'm not with Joe, I'm at home with my family. It's now just Cassi and I at home (she thought she was golden when I left two years ago) We've been swimming this whole summer to help her stay in shape for swim season (and for me too!).. We also like to get Jack Weyland books from the library to read! Dad works in St. George and has a cool little side lawn service going. He tried to recruit me yesterday but I have school ;) Tuesdays are his day off which means he gets to make dinner... It's hit or miss. That's all i say... Kidding he made some dang good orange chicken yesterday. Mom still works at Dr. Clark's and does the P&G job on the side. The current total of Downy Unstoppable packages for the month is 5 after today. I don't mind, my clothes smell mighty good! Her skin cancer also fell out over the weekend.... i'm sure she'd love to show you. I about vomited when she told me. ew. Chad and Kelly (Chelly) moved to Boone, NC not too long ago. Chad is going to Appalachian State for his Masters. I miss them, Sunday dinners where really fun at Cassi's expense. Clint, Kaley and Skyler are also in North Carolina. I'm a little jealous they are all back in the homeland. Thank goodness for skype! I look forward to my weekly readings of "Chica BOOOM BOOOM" from Sky. I suppose that this is a decent start to my blog right? I'm pretty sure I would have stopped reading and starting skimming to juicy details at "just a quick recap." But too bad it's more for me and my posterity ;)

Pictures are my favorite part of memories:
A snapshot of the Ambassadors

My siblings

My Boyfriend

My Roomates (Karleigh, Britney, and Megan)

The whole Family

Loves,

Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Courtney your blog is so cute! I'm glad my picture of all of us at our going away dinner made it on to your favorite memories haha I miss Ambassadors too and I am having withdrawals right now. Miss you lots!!

    ReplyDelete