Friday, August 26, 2011

My kitchen stories

Last week I decided to be adventurous and make pretzel bites like the ones from Pretzel Maker in the mall. Joe really likes these little pieces of deliciousness and I thought it would be a nice trick. I used a recipe from dineanddash.net (click if you want the recipe) I usually get intimidated when a recipe uses yeast (it's probably because it's alive) but I found that this was pretty simple. I used my moms kitchen aid to make the dough and the cutting of the dough was easy peasy. But as usual, I screwed up along the way. The recipe called for 2 quarts of water and a 1/2 cup of baking soda. I, not really understanding anything I read, decide that I'm going to boil my pretzel bites in about 2 cups of water to a 1/2 cup of  baking soda. In my mind it seemed liked a lot but that didn't stop me! Away I go boiling my bites and prepping them for the oven. They looked soooo good by the time they came out! Then... I ate one... blech. My mom's response was they tasted like soap and Joe liked them until he had to stop chewing. Needless to say my hopeful pretzel bites were a disaster.
I'm debating on what I want to bake for this weekend... something simple right?
These chocolate chip oreo cookies are looking mighty delightful.
Pinned Here


No comments:

Post a Comment